Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Saturday, December 30, 2006
Year In Review 2006
Yet another year. Everytime when I type this entry, feels like I'm not getting any younger.

Beginning of the year was great. Mid year sucked. End of the year was juz fine.

Work
Work is good. At least on the work and development side. Office politics are starting to happen, it was really really a bad where the younger generations in my HR departments are forming groups and teaming up to backstab the other. It is very a complex alliance. Within the group, ppl might be backstabbing each other as well, you wont know it until you heard from someone else. The moral of the story, do not trust anybody at work, nobody can be trusted beside you yourself, juz keep quiet and do your work. Really, office politic although common but can make you very distress at the same time. I'm learning to deal with it, frens who went out yamcha with me, you know about it from my experience, you might not be able to feel the impact but you will know what im going thru when you are in my shoe.

This job is very important to me. I realize how much I want this job in Cubic at one point during the flood season. I will bear with the politics, with all the nonsense going on here, that's not what I should focus on. I have been assigned challenging tasks at work by my manager and COO, I need to execute them well.

Friends and life
Friends come, friends go. Very common. Due to the recent office politics, I learn a few concepts. One if them is that…you do not step on other's tail doesn't mean he/she will not bite you. You never say bad things about them doesn't mean they will never say bad things about you. Can't help..welcome to the real world.

Sometimes I really can't understand why something happened the way it had, you know. It's like as far as im concern, I never offended somebody, we can still happily take photos and talk to each other, but the next day or so, it's not the same anymore it seems. I used to feel very upset for not knowing what happened. If I did/said anything wrong, let me know and I'll give you my sincere apology, but if you keep me in the dark, how on earth am I supposed to know I have accidentally stepped on your tail? You know me, I know myself well too, I can be very outspoken at times, I speak what is on my mind, and maybe to some, they are unable to accept such person, well I dunno. Most of the time also, curious is my middle name. Curiosity or wanting to know why, might cause me a lot of unwanted trouble. Another thing I can't understand is that...I treat ppl with all my heart, at least I'm doing what a good fren would do, but why do ppl wanna misunderstand my actions and say/do certain hurtful words/things back to me, without taking into consideration of how I would feel?

But I learn as time passes. Sometimes it makes no good and gets you no where if you're too determined/headstrong. Guess that's when the phrase 'Ignorance is bliss' proves itself to be valid. Besides, everybody has their rights to choose who they wanna befriend with, and who not. One thing I learned recently, you do not need 100 friends, you should be glad if you only have like 10 BUT they are the ones who would be there for you whenever you need them. True enough, huh?

I admit, it's sad to know that your friends left you out, or do not remember to include you for present sharing, or whatever it is. Then now I wanna learn to say 'nevermind la, its their choice anyway, I have no reason to get upset, at least from the incidents, it makes me realize about some other things' I can't guarantee I won't bother at all, nor not to think even abit about it but what I can say now...I'm starting to keep an open mind, be it work, or colleagues, or friends, etc. At least life wont be miserable hahaha.

As for the flood thingy, it showed me who I can count on, I will never forget all your concerns and help. Now that 90% of my buddies are working already, I dunno which friendship will last and which wouldn't, since it's no more uni life where yamcha/hanging out/chatting in YM and MSN were more likely to happen. I can't remember when was the last time I had a long chat in YM already.

Sometimes we understand the situation where even we do not contact our frens often, but we know that these frens are there to stay. It's the thought that counts. So a msg to all my frens, I may not have the time to keep in touch with you all the time, but know that I'm right here.

New obsession
My 2006 new discovery...perfumes hehe. Hopefully got more new perfumes coming out next year! I guess the collection has started and expanding. So far I have like 3 bottles, oceanus from body shop (haha, tak habis habis one since 2004), newly bought annasui set, and the one my fren bought me for my birthday :p

Annasui


Major Events/Happenings
March-Hitz birthday bash rocked, SAME SAME and J Lo. rocked Malacca.
April-Prom was remarkably awesome
July-Emcee for Cubic Long Service Award
Aug-Friends Convocation in Cyberjaya
Oct-Penang trip
Dec-Flood lashed Tmn Merdeka Jaya

Different ppl have different ways of thinking, different opinions, different ways of interpreting things, different ways of viewing things. There is a saying in mandarin 'huo chong kou chu' (translation: havoc comes from the mouth), so I think ask/talk too much sometimes only gives you problems and it doesn't alwiz solve queries. I guess moderation is the key to everything. Farewell to year 2006. Remember the happy moments and let's forget the sad ones together. Woohoo!

Post a Comment